Monday, July 21, 2014

Seth's Lego Birthday Party

Today is my son Seth's 5th birthday.  He decided he wanted to have a Lego Movie birthday party at the skating rink.  Of course they don't make Lego Movie party supplies yet, so that left me with the task of making everything.  I searched on Pinterest for a few of the ideas, but thought I would share them with you all so that you can have your own Lego birthday party as well.

I went with primary colors for everything.  I bought the plates, napkins, tablecloth and plasticwear at Target.  They had a great deal, 60 plates or napkins for $3 each.  The tablecloths and plasticwear were also $3 each.  The cups I bought at Sams were around $8 for 140.


There were a lot of posts about utensil holders made out of Legos.  My husband decided to take it one step further and make it into a little house.  Complete windows, flowers, and a front door.  
It turned out super cute!


Since the party started at 3, we provided snacks.  I served Black Bean and Corn Salsa with chips (not pictured), Colored Goldfish, Sour Patch Kids, Pretzels, and Juice Boxes.


I bought the cupcakes from Sams as well.  It was just under $15 for a quantity of 30.  I ordered half chocolate and half white cake with white icing and sprinkles.
My husband also made the Lego 5 as a party decoration.


I topped them with these little Lego candies I found on Amazon.  The candles I picked up at Party City.


For party favors, I made Rice Krispie Treats and topped them with a little white icing and stuck Mini M&M's to them.


I bought the favor bags at Target and printed the Lego Tags for free on cardstock.  I cut them out and stapled them to the bags.


The banner I bought at a local party supply store, they actually had it on clearance for $4.  It's from Lego City instead of the movie, but I couldn't pass it up.


Seth with his friends.


I also picked up a Lego Movie Shirt from Target for $9.


He had a blast!  I can't believe he's already 5!  Hope these ideas help out with your Lego Party!

No comments:

Post a Comment