Saturday, July 11, 2015

Wyatt's Thomas The Train Birthday Party!

Choo Choo!  Wyatt turned 2!


Wyatt is a huge fan of "Choo Choo" otherwise known as Thomas the Tank Engine.  He loved everything about his party and it was a huge success!  I searched high and low for ideas across the interwebs.  Here's a few pictures of the party and maybe will give you a few ideas for your Thomas party!

I made the banner with my cricut and used mini clothes pins to attach them to a string.



We had tons of food. Here's the list:

Produce Car - Celery & Carrots
Grain Car - Crackers
Dairy Car - Spinach Dip
Lumber Car - Pretzels
Grain Car - Chips
Salsa Car - Salsa
Coal Car - Grapes
 Aquarium Car - Goldfish Crackers
Fruit Kabobs
Sir Topham Hatt's Wraps
and Station House Sandwiches (PB&J sandwiches cut out in the shapes of trains)

I got the graphic for the food tents from PBS Kids Parent's website.  (Link at bottom of page.)


And the filling station had Lemonade, Sweet Tea, Juice Boxes, and Bottled Water.  I got the bottle wrappers from online for free.  (Link at bottom of page.)


And of course we had cake.  Made by me.  I did a test run of this about 2 weeks before the party.  It took me about 7 hours the first time I made it, the second time only took about 5 (baking time included).


And cupcakes!


Here were the party favors.  Each included a conductor hat, handkerchief, train whistle, and a pasta train. I picked up the hats, handkerchief, and whistle from Amazon fairly cheap.  The pasta trains were an idea I got from the PBS website and they took me about 3 hours to make.


This was the first time we had a lot of kids over to play on the castle fort we've been building.


Happy Birthday Wyatt!





I picked up a pull string pinata also from Amazon.  It was a big hit with the kids.  Fair warning though, don't stuff too much candy in it. The candy only fills up at the back, so if you put too much in it it hangs crooked.


All in all, it was a great party and everyone had fun.  I was so glad that I had prepared the food beforehand and wasn't cooking when the guests arrived.  It was nice to actually enjoy the party.  
Hope you have a success with your party as well!

Links:

http://www.pbs.org/parents/birthday-parties/thomas-birthday-party/  (tons of printables)

http://halegrafx.com/printables/free-printable-thomas-the-tank-engine-water-bottle-labels/

http://halegrafx.com/printables/free-printable-thomas-the-tank-engine-cupcake-toppers/

No comments:

Post a Comment