My Mom used to make this recipe for me ALL the time when I was little. It was my absolute favorite. I believe she got the recipe from a church cookbook, but I'm not sure what church or even how long ago. Normally I cook this in a glass casserole dish about 8x8, but in this case I only had a metal pan available and it worked just as well. Not only is this quick and easy to make, but it's also budget friendly! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
- Can of Tuna, drained
- Can of Cream of Chicken Soup (or Cream of Mushroom)
- 1 Cup Cheddar, shredded (I prefer Sharp)
- 1 Small Onion, finely chopped
- 8 ounces Elbow Noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 1 Sleeve Saltine Crackers, crushed
- 3 Tbsp Butter
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. While your noodles are cooking, in a casserole dish combine Tuna, Cream of Chicken Soup, Cheddar Cheese, and Onion.
3. Melt Butter in Frying Pan and add Crushed Crackers, stirring continuously on Medium Heat until browned.
4. Once noodles are cooked, stir into soup mixture. Smooth evenly.
5. Top casserole with crushed crackers
6. Bake for 30 mins.